Friday, January 25, 2013

all because I did my hair.

"why are you sitting in the back? oh,well i always like to sit in the front, and by the way my name is Tyler. where do you live? oh that's sweet, I run track for USU, but then I quit because I got hurt. I wasn't used to practicing because I automatically made the team through my RAW TALENT. Nice to meet you....Jordyn, right?"
OR
"you know, cooking sausage right before class is not a good idea.  then you smell like sausage for the rest of the day!! right? right? okay, just smell my sleeve. no, seriously.  get a huge deep sniff of my shirt, it's there, huh? I'm all self-conscious about it. but hey, maybe it'll attract hungry girls and that's always good, right? It's an appealing smell. So what's your name? Nice to meet you! I'm Weston (Westley...?) Where are you living? That's nice."

why am I writing two weird conversations that don't make sense? because they happened. all in a few hours. and how did both of these situations end...?
Tyler searches inside backpack. Weston reaches towards his pocket.
My head is unconsciously starting to shake no, but I can't do anything to stop this.

"Well, Jordyn, it was nice to meet you."
*hand makes contact with phone*
"Do you think I could get your number?"

The row of people in front of me and my buddy, Tyler, are snickering.  Weston backs up his brave question with the fact that "he has cute roommates" and suddenly I'm watching my phone number being saved in these two strangers' phones. IS THIS SUPPOSED TO BE HAPPENING??
I don't know what is "normal" for Utah State students, but I feel like I'm the only one who's uncomfortable with this exchange. Maybe I'm the weirdo. (Nah...that can't be it)

I got ready today for the first time in 3 weeks and well, that's what I get. 
all because I did my hair.

1 comment: