I've decided that it's a good thing I always write on this thing when I'm happy...I seem like the most optimistic person on the internet. which, hey. I truly am happy, but I definitely have my days... like yesterday. I woke up to a blizzard. A BLIZZARD. I don't know if anyone else was aware...but it's April. and spring. and supposed to be warm. and I was so angry. not even sad, or depressed. Angry. I walked around campus saying, "I hate snow. I hate Logan. I hate the wind. I hate this campus. I hate that stranger" (it was bad) and the best/worst part is: I was kinda saying these things out loud :/ QUIETLY, mind you, but still...
and guess what. it turned out to be a great day!
{JUST LIKE EVERY DAY SHOULD BE}
After me and the roommates went to the temple the day seemed to soar in a positive direction. Imagine that. The Church is true people. Conference was the best. I loved going home, laying on the couch, and listening to all the wisdom of the Prophets pour out of the screen and onto 5 pages of notes that I couldn't seem to keep up with. Is President Monson the dorkiest man you've ever seen or is it just me?? haha I love him with all my heart.
I felt like the conference "theme" this time was HEY. YOU'RE DOING ALRIGHT. (hopefully that's not too far off of what others felt)
but my favorite part of conference weekend came on Monday... I got to go over to a retirement home here in Logan with my FHE group and eat dinner with the residents. Ironically, this is the same retirement home that my Grandma Olson lives at. SCORE.
My Grandma Olson is the best person on this planet. I honestly laugh my head off every time I'm at her house and most of the time she doesn't know why I'm laughing. (hearing is hard at 89)
If there is one thing you need to know about my Grandma: she is a jar of sass attached to a metal walker. There's no other way to describe her. haha We arrived at the retirement home for dinner and the second they set her soup down in front of her, she turns to me and asks if I want to "get some real food" I thought she was joking, but 10 minutes later I'm on my way to Arby's with the order of a "roast beef sandwich and none of those weird fries." As we ate our Arby's upstairs in her room, she told me about the drama going on amongst the card players, and the latest family gossip. My favorite part of the night was when she talked to me about conference. This woman has a testimony of the gospel and it shows in everything she does. I loved watching my Grandma talk so lovingly about conference and see how hard she has worked to live the life she is commanded. Although we did learn it's a little hard to say Adam-ondi-Ahman when your teeth aren't in....(I'm still laughing)
"adam-ondi-ahmani-di-ahmando"
She has been quite the example to me and I'm so grateful for the family that I have up here in Logan. I never feel too alone when I know I could drive 8 minutes to visit and laugh with that crazy, old lady. I love her. I couldn't ask for a better family, friends, roommates, school, LIFE.
and I guess that's why it's hard not to be happy so often.
I love your grandma already and I don't even know her! she sounds the cutest :) I'm glad you are finding a good attitude about logan haha your the best! Clearly, I couldn't quite suck it up ;)
ReplyDeleteShe is so great. haha but whatever! I'm glad that you're happy at Weber and rocking the education program. That's awesome :)
Delete